Wednesday, June 11, 2014

REVIEW: Paradigm - Ceri A. Lowe

REVIEW: Paradigm - Ceri A. Lowe

I received this book through Net Galley in turn for an honest review.

I really, really enjoyed Paradigm. I initially thought it would be just like every other dystopian fiction out there right now, but I feel like Ceri Lowe raised the bar with this one. I normally despise books that come from two different perspectives - but this one was different. It's smart. It's well written. It's an easy read that doesn't feel like cotton candy. It was interesting to see a dystopian from not only the "rebel" side but also to see it from the side of someone who created the strict government in the first place. It gives you an honest perspective of why this government was a necessity to begin with - but why it may not be working 87 years later. In a year (or couple of years) where dystopian books are a dime a dozen, this is one of the books that stands out. It is a great mix of Legend by Marie Lu and Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. I highly recommend this book to anyone who truly enjoys the dystopian genre, but is looking for something more. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for the next two books in the series.

Goodreads stars: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment